Why COVID-19(Corona) drug Hydroxychloroquine is in news :-
- Hydroxychloroquine is showing some positives results in the treatment of COVID 19 (CORONA). The whole world is seeing towards India , as India is the leading manufacturer of Hydroxychloroquine in world. Even United States of America President Donald Trump and other leaders has also asked India to get available to them also this Hydroxychloroquine .
- A study France included hydroxychloroquine with a combination of the antibiotic azithromycin that showed benefit to patients also.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) issued an advisory to recommend the use of hydroxychloroquine to healthcare workers treating COVID-19 patients.
- ICMR also allowed the doctors to prescribe Hydroxychloroquine to the family members of the confirmed COVID-19 (CORONA) patients.
- The drug is also been moved to the “Schedule H1 Status”, which means patients who need the drug Hydroxychloroquine would have to get a fresh prescription from doctor every time when in need to purchase it.
Who manufactures Hydroxychloroquine in India :–
- The world is looking for “Hydroxychloroquine” for treatment of Covid19 (CORONA).
- India is the leading manufacturer of Hydroxychloroquine in world.
- Ipca Laboratories in Mumbai has nearly 82% of the market with its brands being HCQS and HYQ.
- Approximately, 80% of the volume of Hydroxychloroquine produced by Ipca are exported.
- Ahmedabad based Cadila Healthcare has 8% of the market.
Can Hydroxychloroquine cure COVID 19 (CORONA) :–
- No Hydroxychloroquine cannot cure Covid19 but it can help in its treatment.
- Hydroxychloroquine may improve recovery of the patients.
- It may prevent virus to enter in cells of human body.
- Hydroxychloroquine can also reduce intensity of pneumonia.
What is Hydroxychloroquine ?
Introduction to Hydroxychloroquine :
- HydroxychloroquinechemicalFormula is C18H26ClN3O .
- Hydroxychloroquine is an anti-malarial drug.
- Hydroxychloroquine is considered less toxic than chloroquine.
- Hydroxychloroquine is now being used by many countries as a possible line of treatment for COVID-19 (CORONA).
- It is also prescribed for patients of rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
- Hydroxychloroquine works by diminishing immune system’s response to viral infections.
- These dosages are also linked to instances of Improper beating of the heart and liver damage.
How does Hydroxychloroquine work :–
- Hydroxychloroquine treats malaria by killing the parasites that cause the disease.
- Hydroxychloroquine may be a benefit in lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis.
Hydroxychloroquine Side Effect’s :
- It may block heart.
- It may disturb Heart Rhythm.
- It may lead to vomiting.
- It may cause Dizziness.
- It may even cause Diarrhoea.
Why World is looking toward India for “Hydroxychloroquine” for treatment of Covid 19 (CORONA)
- The world is looking for “Hydroxychloroquine” for treatment of Covid 19 and India is the leading manufacturer of Hydroxychloroquine.
The man behind Hydroxychloroquine is Acharya Prafulla Chandra Roy, known as “The father of Indian Chemistry”, who was a well-known Indian Scientist, teacher and one of the first modern Indian chemical researchers.
He discovered the stable compound mercurous nitrate in 1896. In 1901 Bengal Chemicals was formed by him, which is the first pharmaceutical company in India, and this pharma company is the leading manufacturer of Hydroxychloroquine. And now Ipca Laboratories , Cadila too.